Who is Chuck Chapman?
- Personally Trained as a Certifed No More Mr. Nice Guy Recovery Coach.
- B.S. in Human Development
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology
- Ten years in private practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor
- Level Two Gottman Trained Relationship Counselor
- Author of No More Mr. Nice Guy: The 30-Day Recovery Journal.
- Author of Totally, Utterly, Hopelessly Screwed: A Way Back To Integrity (Coming in 2024)
- Co-founder of Integration Nation (integrationnation.net)
- Over the years, I've worked with hundreds of men to overcome the shame that holds them back from living in a place of freedom and grace. My sole purpose and hopeful intentions are to contribute to the world by helping men shed their shame and step into the fullness to become integrated men, loving life and living with passion.
Fourteen years ago, my life fell into disaster. I didn't realize it then, but my Nice Guy Behavior destroyed everything. It started with my wife of 19 years leaving me. This was the linchpin that threw me into a dark depression, where I was drinking and using to deal with the pain. I also jumped into a relationship with the first woman who showed me attention. As a result, I ended up imploding and hurting many others in the wake of my self-destruction.
For the next couple of years, I struggled with addiction and depression. Then I read No More Mr. Nice Guy, which changed my life. After that, I climbed out of the abyss and found my way back, primarily due to Dr. Glover's work and 12-step groups.
After reading the book, I thought, "This guy has been following me all my life and has written a book about me!" The issues and problems Dr. Glover talked about were spot-on in describing me. So I quickly went to work, devouring the book, working on the exercises, and dealing with my Nice Guy tendencies in personal therapy.
As I grew, I started to learn that I was not alone in my journey. Millions of men, just like me, struggle with the Nice Guy syndrome. So I reached out to Dr. Glover and became his student. I trained under him and became a Certified No More Mr. Nice Guy Recovery Coach. Soon after, I became his personal assistant and joined him in many trainings he offered. Eventually, I wrote an official supplement to his work, No More Mr. Nice Guy: The 30-Day Recovery Journal.
As I recovered from my Nice Guy Syndrome, I started being honest and living with integrity. The more I grew, the more I found a new way to operate in the world and joy and fulfillment. As a result, I started offering to coach men worldwide and found that nice guys exist all over the globe. So, my mission in life has become to help men overcome their Nice Guy Syndrome.
Today my life is fantastic! I've been sober for 14 years and thriving in my work, health, spiritual journey, and, most of all, having a blast. In addition, I've married a fantastic, exciting, beautiful woman for the past nine years. My life is truly a wonder.
Here's to your journey,